Trinity Episcopal Church
410 North Pine Street
Florence, AL 35653
About the Project
In January of 2009, Trinity Episcopal Church adopted a new outreach ministry called the St. Francis Project. The objective of this project is to raise and give away $1,000,000 over ten years to agencies and ministries in our community and world. The money is given out primarily through grant applications and the criteria for these grants are based on the prayer of St. Francis, or as our mission statement reads:
To develop true servants of God and bring the hope, healing, compassion, forgiveness and joy of the kingdom of God to a world broken by despair, suffering, anger, and need.
The St. Francis Board will review grant applications twice a year. The deadline for the first cycle is January 31st, with grants announced by April 1st. The deadline for the second cycle is July 31st, with grants announced by October 1st. All grants requesting $5,000 or more are asked to apply by the January 31st deadline. Grants requesting less that that amount may apply at either time. The amount and method of funding for any grant remains at the discretion of the St. Francis Board. The Board may choose to fund large grants quarterly or semi annually.
Grant Recipients 2009—2012
Guidelines for Funding
- All grant requests shall answer to the needs expressed in the prayer of St. Francis: To alleviate hatred, injury, discord, doubt, despair, darkness, sadness.
- All recipients of grants shall furnish a yearly accounting of their grant monies. A new grant application will not be considered until this accounting has been received.
- All grant requests of $5,000.00 or more shall also be sponsored by a lay member of Trinity Church and requested by a nonprofit, 501-C3 organization.
- All grant requests of $5,000.00 or more should be submitted by the January 31st deadline.
- The majority of funding shall be used to support local community needs and projects and reflect the value of our Christian faith.
- Monies disbursed can be used for
- Administrative purposes
- Specific items and/or needs
- Capital campaigns
- Seed monies
- Support for:
- Health issues: for example: handicapped programs, mental health ministries and programs, prescription drug support
- Human Welfare: for example: youth programs, hunger programs, shelter & housing programs, senior citizen projects, daycare, job training, family support programs & direct service organizations
- Human rights programs
- Evangelism: for example: theological education and missionary projects
- No grants will be given to:
- Annual fund-raising campaigns or fund-raising dinners.
- Deficit financing, debt service, or loans.
- Support for political candidates or political organizations.
- Production costs of films, videos or television programs or purchase of commercial television or radio time.
- Honoraria for distinguished guests.
- Charities operated by service clubs.
- Scholarly research leading to a book or group travel.
- Group travel.
- Memorials or endowment funds.
- Medical research or requests from hospitals.
You can download a copy of our application form and guidelines from this web site. Print the application after you have completed it and mail it or drop it off at:
Trinity Episcopal Church
PO Box M
Florence, AL 35631
Please call the church office (764-6149) with any questions.
We invite you to apply for a St. Francis Grant and look forward to sharing this exciting new ministry with you.
Download an Application:
|Download Application (PDF)||Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader|
|Download Application (DOC)||Requires Microsoft Word|